13.1667, Qs: Frequency Constructions, Hyphenation

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Jun 12 15:30:51 UTC 2002

LINGUIST List:  Vol-13-1667. Wed Jun 12 2002. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 13.1667, Qs: Frequency Constructions, Hyphenation

Consulting Editor:

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	Michael Appleby, EMU		Heather Taylor, EMU
	Karolina Owczarzak, EMU

Date:  Tue, 11 Jun 2002 13:51:09 -0400
From:  Myroslava Dzikovska <myros at cs.rochester.edu>
Subject:  Syntax and semantics of frequency constructions

2)
Date:  Wed, 12 Jun 2002 10:53:24 +0200
From:  geilfuss at rz.uni-leipzig.de
Subject:  Hyphenation rules

Date:  Tue, 11 Jun 2002 13:51:09 -0400
From:  Myroslava Dzikovska <myros at cs.rochester.edu>

Dear colleagues,

I'm working on parsing of frequency constructions like "take aspirin
twice a day" or "100 mg a day is a sufficient dose". Among other
things, I am having trouble figuring out what "a day" attaches to in
these cases, and how the semantic representations for these would look
like. If you have suggestions and references to other work done on
syntax and semantics of frequency expressions, particularly in
computationally oriented frameworks, I would greatly appreciate the
information.

Thanks,

Myrosia

Myroslava Dzikovska