13.784, Jobs: TESOL: Academic Director in Saigon, Vietnam

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Mar 25 03:28:03 UTC 2002

LINGUIST List:  Vol-13-784. Sun Mar 24 2002. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 13.784, Jobs: TESOL: Academic Director in Saigon, Vietnam

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	Michael Appleby, EMU		Heather Taylor-Loring, EMU
	Karolina Owczarzak, EMU

Editor for this issue: Heather Taylor-Loring <heather at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  23 Mar 2002 09:30:56 -0000
From:  Mark Godwin <rec001 at ilavietnam.com>
Subject:  TESOL: Academic Director at ILA Vietnam, Saigon Vietnam

Date:  23 Mar 2002 09:30:56 -0000
From:  Mark Godwin <rec001 at ilavietnam.com>

Rank of Job:
Areas Required: Academic Director
Other Desired Areas:
University or Organization: ILA Vietnam
Department:
State or Province: Saigon
Country: Vietnam
Final Date of Application: April 30, 2002
Contact: Mark Godwin rec001 at ilavietnam.com

Address for Applications:
259 Hai Ba Trung, District 3
Saigon
HCMC -
Vietnam

ILA Vietnam is seeking an accomplished manager to take charge of all
academic areas of three English programmes for children and teenagers
from 6-18 years old.

The successful applicant will be responsible for all teachers and all
teaching; teacher responsibilities include but are not limited to: -

* Teacher recruitment
* Teacher management
* Teacher development / workshops etc
* Teacher observations / appraisals
* Material development
* Course development
* Testing and assessment
* Substitute Teaching

The successful applicant will hold a DELTA/ Dip. TEFLA/ MA. TESOL or
equivalent; he/she will: -

* have at least 5 years' full time teaching experience
* be highly organised and be able to cope with managing up to 40
teachers and 3000 students.
* have a great deal of energy, drive and enthusiasm.
* have strong interpersonal skills and be able to develop a strong
rapport with both students and colleagues.
* be committed to a career in ELT
* be available immediately

Contract duration: 1-2 years
Contract start: ASAP

Remuneration

Dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Salary: Dependant upon qualifications and experience
Holiday: 4 weeks, (20 working days), paid holiday per year / 9 days of
Vietnamese national holidays
Medical insurance: Allowance of USD 400 per year
Bonus: The incumbent shall receive USD 1000 upon successful completion
of the contract
Visas: All visa administration fees paid by ILA.

The ILA Vietnam Training Centres

The ILA Training Centres are located in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City.
We have 42 air-conditioned classrooms and a state of the art Virtual
Independent Learning Centre (Multimedia). In September 2002 we will be
consolidating our operations in to a new 60 classroom facility. The
ILA Children's programme will have about 30 dedicated classrooms.

At ILA - Vietnam, we recognise our teachers as our greatest
resource. We endeavor, to the best of our ability, to ensure their
stay with us is as rewarding and enjoyable as possible. Teachers have
a large teachers' room in which to prepare classes. They have access
to a wide range of teaching materials, resources, photocopiers,
computers, internet and visual aids.

The ILA Children's programme is the premiere English foreign language
programme in Ho Chi Minh City with about 1,700 children and teenagers
currently studying on it at present and forecasted to grow at the rate
of about fifty percent a year over the next two years. The students
are divided in to three separate programmes dependant upon their age.