13.1290, Qs: Ling Competence/Russian, Socioling for Teachers

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu May 9 03:59:54 UTC 2002

LINGUIST List:  Vol-13-1290. Wed May 8 2002. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 13.1290, Qs: Ling Competence/Russian, Socioling for Teachers

Consulting Editor:

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	Michael Appleby, EMU		Heather Taylor-Loring, EMU
	Karolina Owczarzak, EMU

Date:  Tue, 07 May 2002 18:20:25 +0200
From:  "Martin Pütz" <puetz at uni-landau.de>
Subject:  Linguistic competence in Russian

2)
Date:  Thu, 9 May 2002 11:24:55 +0800
From:  "Kirsten Ann SCHAETZEL (ELL)" <kasch at nie.edu.sg>
Subject:  sociolinguistics of the classroom

Date:  Tue, 07 May 2002 18:20:25 +0200
From:  "Martin Pütz" <puetz at uni-landau.de>

Dear colleagues,

I'm a Russian native speaker currently working on a bilingual project
initiated by the University of Koblenz-Landau (Campus Landau, Germany)
and supervised by the Hamburg Senate. One of the aims is to find out
about the current state of the linguistic abilities of Russian
speaking pre-school children. To my knowledge, there are hardly any
studies available in Germany dealing with the lexico-grammatical
competence of Russian children. What is needed is a description of the
grammatical and lexical system of 4-5 year-old children who speak
Russian as their mother tongue (either raised in a monolingual Russian
environment or in a bilingual setting). I'm especially interested in
the verbal system with respect to its functional use in various
situations.

In other words, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could contact
me who has worked on similar issues, or else could let me know about
bibliographical (Russian) references dealing with linguistic
competences of Russian children at the pre-school level.

I will certainly post a summary and would like to thank you already
now for your kind assistance.

Natascha Puetz-Legtchilo
email <puetz at uni-landau.de>