13.1369, Qs: Eng Group Possessives, Eng Nouns/Countability

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu May 16 13:38:16 UTC 2002

LINGUIST List:  Vol-13-1369. Thu May 16 2002. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 13.1369, Qs: Eng Group Possessives, Eng Nouns/Countability

Consulting Editor:

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	Michael Appleby, EMU		Heather Taylor, EMU
	Karolina Owczarzak, EMU

Date:  Wed, 15 May 2002 16:05:20 +0000
From:  Natasha Koroleva <mary-nathalie at mtu-net.ru>
Subject:  group possessive in English

2)
Date:  Thu, 16 May 2002 02:19:16 +0000
From:  Kazumi S <slott003 at csusm.edu>
Subject:  countability of English nouns

Date:  Wed, 15 May 2002 16:05:20 +0000
From:  Natasha Koroleva <mary-nathalie at mtu-net.ru>

Hello, I'm a second year student of Moscow State University, doing
linguistics.I'm currently writing a research work which analises the
phenomenon of group possessive in English (like " the King of Spain's
daughter") and I would like to find out if there are any books in this
area which look closely at the problem. I'm also inerested in compound
words like "must-haves" or "where-abouts" which take the plural form,
and I wonder if there is a special term for them in linguistics.  I
would greatly appreciate if you can share some information on these
topics with me.

Thank you.