13.1423, FYI: Academic Database, Generative Linguists

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue May 21 20:17:51 UTC 2002

LINGUIST List:  Vol-13-1423. Tue May 21 2002. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 13.1423, FYI: Academic Database, Generative Linguists

Consulting Editor:

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	Michael Appleby, EMU		Heather Taylor, EMU
	Karolina Owczarzak, EMU

Editor for this issue: Marie Klopfenstein <marie at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Sun, 19 May 2002 11:23:56 +0000
From:  Michael Mauws <mkmauws at yahoo.com>
Subject:  Academic database & directory

2)
Date:  Mon, 20 May 2002 17:51:16 +0000
From:  Marianna Pool <mpool at colmex.mx>
Subject:  Seeking generative linguists in Colombia

Date:  Sun, 19 May 2002 11:23:56 +0000
From:  Michael Mauws <mkmauws at yahoo.com>

Members of LINGUIST might find http://www.getCITED.org of interest. It's a site that
some colleagues and I have put together that, in essence, is yet another academic
database, albeit one that can be searched in a wide variety of ways. What makes this
one different is that it allows the academic community to enter in and edit its
contents. Thus, researchers can enter in the citation details of their publications
(and others' publications) and then link these to a public identity that they
create. They can also link references, faculties, universities and the like, with
the result being a rich web of academic information.

The site's been up and running in beta version for about a year now, and was
initially seeded with data from the Library of Congress. If people have any
questions, they can send them my way.

Best regards,

Michael K. Mauws, Ph.D.
http://www.getCITED.org/mbrz/99999999