13.1545, All: Book Posting Policy

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed May 29 23:50:34 UTC 2002

LINGUIST List:  Vol-13-1545. Wed May 29 2002. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 13.1545, All: Book Posting Policy

Consulting Editor:

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	Michael Appleby, EMU		Heather Taylor, EMU
	Karolina Owczarzak, EMU

Date:  29 May 2002 23:46:37 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org
Subject:  Too many issues!

Date:  29 May 2002 23:46:37 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org

Dear Subscribers,

Last week many of you received an unusually large number of book
postings from Linguist. It is our policy to try to post all
submissions within 48 hours of their receipt. Therefore, when three
separate publishers sent us a total of over 60 book announcments, our
book editors got busy and managed to post all of them within 12 hours!

Soon afterward, we began receiving messages from our readers
complaining of "too much of a good thing"! We have taken steps to be
sure that this doesn't happen again. We will resume our old policy of
posting multiple books (with the same linguistic subfield and
publisher) in a single issue. We will be careful to not repost book
announcements, should they be sent to us more than once. And if, for
some reason, we get a glut of book announcements again, we will space
them out a bit, so you won't get them all at once!

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank all of you who took the
time to write; we always appreciate your input. Thank you for your
patience as well as your continued support.

Best regards,

LINGUIST