13.2285, Jobs: 2nd Lang Acquisition: AsstProf, U of CA, USA

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Sep 12 16:51:26 UTC 2002

LINGUIST List:  Vol-13-2285. Thu Sep 12 2002. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 13.2285, Jobs: 2nd Lang Acquisition: AsstProf, U of CA, USA

Consulting Editor:

Editors (linguist at linguistlist.org):
	Michael Appleby, EMU		Heather Taylor, EMU
	Karolina Owczarzak, EMU		Anita Wang, EMU

          Zhenwei Chen, E. Michigan U. <zhenwei at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Heather Taylor <heather at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Tue, 03 Sep 2002 12:01:17 +0000
From:  kthein at ucdavis.edu
Subject:  Jobs: Applied Ling, 2nd Language Acquisition: AsstProf, U of CA, USA

Date:  Tue, 03 Sep 2002 12:01:17 +0000
From:  kthein at ucdavis.edu

University or Organization: University of California, Davis
Rank of Job: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas Required: Applied Linguistics, Second Language Acquisition
Required Language(s): English (ENG)

Tenure Track
FACULTY POSITION IN
Second Language Acquisition and Development
Assistant Professor

The Department of Linguistics at the University of California, Davis,
seeks a linguist specializing in second language acquisition and
development at the assistant professor level.  We are looking for
someone with a complementary emphasis in language variation and corpus
linguistics; an interest in California's growing
multilingual/multicultural population is also desirable.  The
candidate should be able to teach advanced courses in second language
acquisition and development and M.A.-level TESOL pedagogy, along with
other graduate and undergraduate courses as needed by the department.
Our department currently offers an MA with a general track and an
applied (TESOL) track.  A doctoral program emphasizing second language
acquisition and development is currently in the approval process.

Candidate must show strong promise in both research and teaching, and
rapport with the interests of the department. To ensure full
consideration, applications must be postmarked by December 6, 2002,
though the position will remain open until filled. Send application
letter, sample publications and three letters of reference to Vai
Ramanathan, Chair, Search Committee, Department of Linguistics,
University of California, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616. TEL:
530/752-1291, FAX: 530/752-3156; Email: Labyrns at ucdavis.edu, Lesley
Byrns, Office Manager). For further information about the Department
of Linguistics at UCD, please visit our website at
http://linguistics.ucdavis.edu

The University of California, Davis, and the Department of Linguistics
are interested in candidates who are committed to the highest
standards and professional activities, and to the development of a
campus climate that supports equality and diversity. The University of
California is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Dr. Vai Ramanathan
	Dept. of Linguistics
	University of California, Davis
	Chair, Search Committee, Dept. of Lingusitics, UC Davis
	One Shields Ave.
	Davis, CA 95616
	United States of America
	Applications are due by December 6, 2002

Contact Information:
	Office Manager Lesley Byrns.
	Email: labyrns at ucdavis.edu
	Tel: 530.752.1291
	Fax: 530.752.3156
	Website: http://linguistics.ucdavis.edu

This employer is a LINGUIST List supporter!