14.994, All: Important Message from Richard Sproat

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Apr 3 17:56:12 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-994. Thu Apr 3 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.994, All: Important Message from Richard Sproat

Editor for this issue: Richard John Harvey <richard at linguistlist.org>

Date:  3 Apr 2003 17:50:36 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org
Subject:  Important Message from Richard Sproat - Please Take A Moment To Read

Date:  3 Apr 2003 17:50:36 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org

Dear Fellow LINGUIST Users:

What is your time worth?

Okay, now ask yourself this: how much time have you saved by making
use of the wonderful resources that LINGUIST provides? Hard to answer?
Well imagine that LINGUIST did not exist and you had to search the Web
on your own for the right people to ask a question, or the right link
to data or information that you need. How much time would you have
spent doing that?

Now consider that LINGUIST costs money to run. Wouldn't it be great to
share a little of the money (= time) you've saved with the
organization that made that savings possible?

Please donate and help LINGUIST exceed their fund-raising goals.

Richard Sproat

 |        Only $17,879.59 To Go! Please Make Donation           |
 |  TARGET  | TOTAL RAISED | NUMBER OF DONORS | % OF SUBCRIBERS |
 | $50,000  |  $32,120.41  |       676        |      3.98%      |
 |    Great Prizes - The LINGUIST List Publisher Prize Draw     |
 |            http://linguistlist.org/prizedraw.html            |
 |    Great Gifts for Donors:                                   |
 |            http://linguistlist.org/premiums.html             |

Please help us develop key services and free tools that aid the
linguistic community.

To donate now using our secure web form, visit:

http://linguistlist.org/donate.html

For instructions on how to donate, or how to make a pledge now and pay
later visit:

http://linguistlist.org/donation.html

Thank you for your support.