14.1051, All: LINGUIST List: What's $5 Worth to You?

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Apr 8 18:53:56 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-1051. Tue Apr 8 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.1051, All: LINGUIST List: What's $5 Worth to You?

Editor for this issue: Richard John Harvey <richard at linguistlist.org>

Date:  8 Apr 2003 18:42:38 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org
Subject:  The LINGUIST List 'Just $5' Request - We Need Your Help!

Date:  8 Apr 2003 18:42:38 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org

	      The LINGUIST List 'Just $5' Request

		********************************
		***      Fund Drive 2003     ***
		********************************
		*** Target: $50000           ***
		*** Total So Far: $37471.57  ***
		*** Only $12528.43 to go!    ***
		********************************

What's $5 worth to you? How often do you take a $5 bill (or a 5 Euro
or your equvalent) and spend it without really thinking?

With $5 you could:

~Buy yourself and a friend a coffee
~Leave a tip at a restaurant
~Buy a nice Mother's Day Card
~Do that pile of laundry that's been sitting in your wardrobe
~Buy 1.5 beers
~Get a shot of good Whiskey
~Take the bus to visit your dear old grandmother

$5 pays for half an hour of graduate assistant time on LINGUIST. In
that half hour one of our student editors can:

~Post three issues to LINGUIST
~Input five linguistic web resources into our database
~Run a backup of our webpages
~Debug a small section of code in one of our new web forms
~Write five emails to subscribers
~Create a new table in our database to accomodate new data
~Remove all the annoying Fund Drive Pop-Ups that are on our site
~Write a cleverly worded plea for you to donate 'Just $5'
~Lots and lots more...

Please help us reach our target and make a donation to LINGUIST -
'Just $5' makes a world of difference!

DONATE - Don't Hesitate: http://linguistlist.org/donate.html

Instructions on How To Donate: http://linguistlist.org/donation.html

We like to thank our donors with amazing free gifts (see
http://linguistlist.org/premiums.html), and this year many of our
supporting publishers have donated some truly wonderful linguistic
prizes to The LINGUIST List Publisher Prize Draw - as a donor you are
automatically entered into this! For more info, visit:

http://linguistlist.org/prizedraw.html

Thank you for your support.