14.1178, Jobs: Lexicography: Rank Open, Butler Hill Group, LLC

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Apr 25 03:36:31 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-1178. Thu Apr 24 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.1178, Jobs: Lexicography: Rank Open, Butler Hill Group, LLC

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Thu, 24 Apr 2003 20:09:30 +0000
From:  moco at butlerhill.com
Subject:  Lexicography: Rank Open, Butler Hill Group, LLC, WA, USA

Date:  Thu, 24 Apr 2003 20:09:30 +0000
From:  moco at butlerhill.com

University or Organization: Butler Hill Group, LLC
Rank of Job: Rank Open
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics, Lexicography
Required Language(s): Danish (Code = DNS); Swedish (Code = SWD)

We require one Swedish and one Danish lexicographer to review a
proprietary (commericial) lexicon for completeness and accuracy,
including reviewing coverage of headwords and morphological
information, according to specified guidelines. The bulk of the work
must be done during the period of late May (Swedish) and late June
(Danish), and there will be some followup work through the rest of the
summer. We expect the entire project to take approximately 40-50
hours. The ideal candidate will have experience in lexicography in
either a commercial or academic setting, and will be a native or
near-native speaker of the language in question. Compensation is at a
professional level.

The work can be done-offsite, but will require a Windows computer
running Windows 95 or greater, with a minimum of 128 MB RAM and
substantial hard disk space, as the lexicon is quite large.

To apply, please send an resume or CV, in English, by email only, to
moco at butlerhill.com. If you are a foreign national living in the US,
please have US work authorization.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Mo Corston-Oliver