14.2110, Jobs: Syntax: Asst Prof, York University, Ontario

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Aug 9 01:34:36 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2110. Fri Aug 8 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2110, Jobs: Syntax: Asst Prof, York University, Ontario

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:08:38 +0000
From:  jamesw at yorku.ca
Subject:  Syntax: Asst Prof, York University, Ontario, Canada

Date:  Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:08:38 +0000
From:  jamesw at yorku.ca

University or Organization: York University
Department: Languages, Literatures and Linguistics
Rank of Job: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Syntax, Semantics, Psycholinguistics, Language Acquisition

The Department of Languages, Literatures and Linguistics, Faculty of
Arts, York University invites applications for a full-time,
tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor in
Linguistics, to commence July 1, 2004 (subject to budgetary approval).

Qualifications:

Ph.D., strong research record, publications and demonstrated teaching
ability. The primary area of specialization is syntax, with a
secondary specialization in psycholinguistics or language
acquisition. In addition to teaching courses in syntax and semantics,
the successful candidate should also be prepared to teach courses in
psycholinguistics, language acquisition and introductory
linguistics. The successful candidate will also be expected to teach
in our graduate program in Theoretical and Applied Linguistics.

Applications should include an up-to-date curriculum vitae, a
representative selection of published work and copies of peer and
student teaching evaluations. Applicants should also arrange to have
three letters of recommendation sent to the Department Chair before
the deadline and should list the name, position, e-mail address and
telephone numbers of those referees in the application letter.

York University is an Affirmative Action Employer. The Affirmative
Action Program can be found on York's website at
http://www.yorku.ca/acadjobs/index.htm or a copy can be obtained by
calling the affirmative action office at 416-736-5713. All qualified
candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and
Permanent Residents will be given priority.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Professor Nick Elson
	Chair, DLLL, York University
	4700 Keele St.
	Toronto, Ontario M3J 1P3
	Canada

	Applications are due by 01-Nov-2003

Contact Information:
	Professor James Walker
	Email: jamesw at yorku.ca
	Tel: 416-736-2100 x22574
	Website: http://www.yorku.ca/linguist

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!