14.2175, Jobs: Historical Ling: Post Doc, Humboldt Universität

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Aug 18 03:50:58 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2175. Sun Aug 17 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2175, Jobs: Historical Ling: Post Doc, Humboldt Universität

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Sat, 16 Aug 2003 17:26:27 +0000
From:  ''Karin Donhauser'' <karin.donhauser at rz.hu-berlin.de>
Subject:  Historical Linguistics: Post Doc, Humboldt Universität zu Berlin

Date:  Sat, 16 Aug 2003 17:26:27 +0000
From:  ''Karin Donhauser'' <karin.donhauser at rz.hu-berlin.de>

University or Organization: Humboldt Universität zu Berlin
Department: Institut für deutsche Sprache und Linguistik
Rank of Job: Post Doc
Specialty Areas: Historical Linguistics
Required Language(s): Old English (Code = XANG); German, Standard
                      (Code = GER); Old High German (Code = XGOH)

The Humboldt-University of Berlin offers a full time researcher
position in historical linguistics.

The position is linked to the research project B4 of the newly
established Sonderforschungsbereich 'Information Structure' (principal
investigators Roland Hinterhölzl & Karin Donhauser). The project
investigates the information structural aspects of the development of
word order regularities in the Germanic languages (English, German,
Icelandic). We seek a researcher who is familiar with the older
Germanic languages and able to carry out syntactic and
information-structural analysis of either Old English or Old High
German texts or both.  Being knowledgeable in modern syntactic
theories and recent accounts of language change is a plus.

The position is available for the period of the first phase of the
SFB, which runs till July 2007 (4 years)

Applications should be sent to Roland Hinterhölzl either by surface
mail or email no later than the 10th of September 2003.  Applications
should include a cover letter, a CV and a list of publications.

Dr. Roland Hinterhölzl
Institut für deutsche Sprache und Linguistik Humboldt-Universität zu
Berlin Unter den Linden 6 10099 Berlin
email: roland.hinterhoelzl at rz.hu-berlin.de

Prof. Dr. Karin Donhauser
Lehrstuhl für Geschichte der deutschen Sprache
Institut für deutsche Sprache und Linguistik
Humboldt Universität zu Berlin
Post: Unter den Linden 6, 10099 Berlin
Sitz: Schützenstraße 18-21, Zi.409
Tel.: 030/2093-9635 (Sek. -9788)
Fax: 030/2093-9729
e-mail: karin.donhauser at rz.hu-berlin.de

www.sprachgeschichte.de

Address for Applications:

        Attn: Dr. Roland Hinterhölzl
        Institut für deutsche Sprache und Linguistik
        Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, Unter den Linden 6
        Berlin, 10099
        Germany

        Applications are due by 10-Sep-2003

Contact Information: