14.2185, Qs: Chinese Lex;Turkish

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Aug 18 18:48:23 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2185. Mon Aug 18 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2185, Qs: Chinese Lex;Turkish

Editor for this issue: Takoko Matsui <tako at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Sun, 17 Aug 2003 01:28:30 +0000
From:  Lawrence Orenstein <lmo at aya.yale.edu>
Subject:  Chinese Lexical Semantics

2)
Date:  Sun, 17 Aug 2003 01:08:49 +0000
From:  Kristen Sherman-Gosnell <kshermangosnell at yahoo.com>
Subject:  Origin of "bomba"

Date:  Sun, 17 Aug 2003 01:28:30 +0000
From:  Lawrence Orenstein <lmo at aya.yale.edu>

I would very much appreciate it if anyone could refer me to any work
that has been done on Chinese lexical semantics. I am particularly
interested in cognitive categories in Manderin, but any references
would be of great assistance. For the moment, I am located in a rather
obscure backwater of China where I lack access to a good research
library. The attempts at a literature search here have thus far proved
to no avail.

Subject-Language: Chinese, Mandarin; Code: CHN