14.2267, Qs: Particles; Langs as Code

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Aug 28 15:40:41 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2267. Thu Aug 28 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2267, Qs: Particles; Langs as Code

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:08:56 +0930
From:  "Morrison" <ianannem at senet.com.au>
Subject:  Question: Subject: Particles

2)
Date:  Thu, 28 Aug 2003 06:52:26 +0000
From:  Bill CHAPMAN <ChapmanB at elwa.org.uk>
Subject:  Secret languages

Date:  Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:08:56 +0930
From:  "Morrison" <ianannem at senet.com.au>

Dear Listmembers,

I am looking for an introductory cross-linguistic overview of
'particles'.  Can anyone recommend an introductory discussion that
extends beyond the Indo-European languages?

I will post a summary of any responses,

Anne Morrison
PhD Candidate
Communication, Information & New Media,