14.3467, Qs: New Word Frequency; Case Grammar Matrix

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Dec 15 01:43:58 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-3467. Sun Dec 14 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.3467, Qs: New Word Frequency; Case Grammar Matrix

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 12 Dec 2003 12:59:25 +0100
From:  "Jesus Andres Cortes" <jandres at agricolas.upm.es>
Subject:  Word Frequency

2)
Date:  Fri, 12 Dec 2003 20:01:57 +0000
From:  "Samas  Fearghail" <an_fearghalach at hotmail.com>
Subject:  a few questions concerning the Case Grammar Matrix Model

Date:  Fri, 12 Dec 2003 12:59:25 +0100
From:  "Jesus Andres Cortes" <jandres at agricolas.upm.es>

Dear Sir,

I am doing some research in terminology, and more specifically in new
words (term) in scientific articles.  One of the features I would like
to investiagte is the frequency of new words in these articles.

So far, I have already found some books and articles. The following
are the most relevant I consider from the list I have: Baayen,
R.H. (2001): Word frequency distributions, Dordrecht, Kluwer Academic
Publishers.

Sager, J.C., y otros (1980): English Special Languages: Priciples and
practice in Science and technology. Weisbaden, Brandstetter Verlag KG

Salager-Meyer, F. (1984). 'Compound nominal phrases in
scientific-technical literature proportion and rationale. In Pugh,
A.K.  and Ulijn, J.M. (eds.), Reading for Professional Purposes:
Studies and Practices in Native and Foreign Languages, Heineman
Educational Books, London, 136-145.

Schmitt, N. y McCarthy, M. (eds) (1997, 2000): Vocabulary:
Descritption, Acquisition and Pedagogy. Cambridge, Cambridge
University Press.

I would be very grateful if you could possible provide on some recent
publications, where I could found more bibliography on the topic.

I would heartly appreciate any help you could provide.

Sincerely.

Jesús Andrés.