14.3497, Qs: Recording Microphones; French Counting System

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Dec 18 14:33:26 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-3497. Thu Dec 18 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.3497, Qs: Recording Microphones; French Counting System

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 15 Dec 2003 04:54:48 -0500 (EST)
From:  Eva van Lier <eva.van.lier at meertens.knaw.nl>
Subject:  recording equipment (2)

2)
Date:  Tue, 16 Dec 2003 11:11:30 -0500 (EST)
From:  Kim Ruth <ruthkm at state.gov>
Subject:  Irregularity in French counting system

Date:  Mon, 15 Dec 2003 04:54:48 -0500 (EST)
From:  Eva van Lier <eva.van.lier at meertens.knaw.nl>

Some weeks ago I posted a query about the usage of harddisk recorders
or minidisc for fieldwork. I will post a summary of the reactions I
received as soon as I have decided what to use and can report on my
own experiences.  Now I want to ask for some more advice: I am
planning to work with a Marantz recorder. Who has done so as well, and
what type of microphone have you used with it? I need one that can
pick up unstructured discourse between more than two people, but
leaves out as many background noise (traffic, music) as
possible. Thanks in advance!