14.3545, Jobs: Computational Ling: Researcher, IBM, Ireland

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Dec 22 02:29:59 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-3545. Sun Dec 21 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.3545, Jobs: Computational Ling: Researcher, IBM, Ireland

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Fri, 19 Dec 2003 12:04:23 -0500 (EST)
From:  ATrousso at ie.ibm.com
Subject:  Computational Linguistics: Researcher, IBM, Ireland

Date:  Fri, 19 Dec 2003 12:04:23 -0500 (EST)
From:  ATrousso at ie.ibm.com

University or Organization: IBM
Department: Dublin Software Lab
Rank of Job: Researcher
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics, Morphology

IBM is currently seeking a computational linguist, who is interested
in working on industrial R&D on multilingual text processing in an
exciting, dynamic, collegial, advanced technology team - LanguageWare
Group, based in Dublin, Ireland.

Specific Requirements:

- MS or PhD in linguistics or highly related area(s),
- 3+ year of experience in computational morphology
- Fluent English
- Knowledge of Hungarian, Turkish, Korean, Arabic, Hebrew is a plus.
- Willing to relocate to Dublin.

LanguageWare group provides tools for IBM strategic direction
management of unstructured textual information. Job location is at
Dublin, Ireland. Dublin is an internationally known center for
computational linguistics. IBM sponsors several MS and Ph.D. students
in Dublin and recently opened Center for Advanced Studies:
http://www.ibm.com/ibm/cas/sites/dublin/ .  The successful candidates
will have opportunities for improving their qualification.

Salaries are dependent on qualifications.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Brian O'Donovan
	IBM Dublin Software Lab,
	Airways Ind. Est., Cloughran,