14.351, Qs: Auxiliary Theta Roles, Northern Thai

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Feb 5 03:30:00 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-351. Tue Feb 4 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.351, Qs: Auxiliary Theta Roles, Northern Thai

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Sun, 2 Feb 2003 15:02:09 +0200 (IST)
From:  tebeka michael <tebeka at cs.bgu.ac.il>
Subject:  POS statistics

2)
Date:  Mon, 03 Feb 2003 06:54:19 +0000
From:  John Vanderelst <john_vanderelst at hotmail.com>
Subject:  O.T. analysis of Southwestern Tai languages

Date:  Sun, 2 Feb 2003 15:02:09 +0200 (IST)
From:  tebeka michael <tebeka at cs.bgu.ac.il>

Hello All,

I'm looking for work done on POS (part of speech) statistics:
o Avg possible POS per word
o Most common POS for a given word
o Differences between languages
o ...

Thanks.
Miki

Date:  Mon, 03 Feb 2003 06:54:19 +0000
From:  John Vanderelst <john_vanderelst at hotmail.com>

I am currently working on Northern Thai (alternate names including
Lanna and Western Laotian), which is spoken in Northern Thailand and
belongs to the same genetic family as Central Thai (Standard Thai). I
would like to konw if any work has been done on this language (or on a
related language) within the O.T. framework.

Subject-Language: Northern Thai; Code: NOD

Language-Family:  Tai-Kadai; Code: TK