14.464, Qs: Parsing software, Computational Linguistics

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Feb 17 16:22:06 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-464. Mon Feb 17 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.464, Qs: Parsing software, Computational Linguistics

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Sun, 16 Feb 2003 14:26:11 +0900
From: Mitsuko Takahashi <applepie at minos.ocn.ne.jp>
Subject:  computer software

2)
Date:  Sun, 16 Feb 2003 12:53:49 +0000
From:  peetm morris <peetm at cslab.com>
Subject:  Computational Linguistics - def and capabilities

Date:  Sun, 16 Feb 2003 14:26:11 +0900
From: Mitsuko Takahashi <applepie at minos.ocn.ne.jp>

Hello everyone,

 Does anyone happen to know some computer software or programs that  would
do  parsing for English, scanning through a body of text and just counting
the instances of different sentence structures  generating a statistical
spread? I want to see all the sentences grouped in a different window

What I want to do is to copy paste a body of movie script and sort out a
certain  type of sentences like no subject sentences, SV, SVO, SVOC, SVC,
structure.

Many thanks in advance.

Mitsuko Takahashi
Kyoto, Japan