14.541, Jobs: Standard Arabic: Asst Prof, US Naval Academy

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Feb 23 20:03:16 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-541. Sun Feb 23 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.541, Jobs: Standard Arabic: Asst Prof, US Naval Academy

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Fri, 21 Feb 2003 17:06:44 +0000
From:  fletcher at usna.edu
Subject:  Modern Standard Arabic: Asst Prof, United States Naval Academy

Date:  Fri, 21 Feb 2003 17:06:44 +0000
From:  fletcher at usna.edu

University or Organization: United States Naval Academy
Department: Language Studies Department
Rank of Job: Assistant Professor
Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (Code = ABV)

United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD.

Full-time, tenure-track position in Modern Standard Arabic.  Starting
date flexible after October 2003 but no later than 5 January 2004. PhD
or ABD with dissertation completed by January 2004.  The successful
candidate will develop an entirely new Arabic program, and will teach
9-12 credits per semester. Research in an appropriate field and
institutional service expected. Position will remain open until
filled.  U.S. Naval Academy civilian faculty members are federal
government employees.  U.S. citizenship is required.

Send vita and application letter to: Arabic Search Committee, Language
Studies Department, U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD 21402, or email
to fletcher at usna.edu

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Arabic Search Committee
	Language Studies Dept,