14.3, Jobs: Theoretical Ling: Rank Open, U/of Haifa, Israel

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jan 7 06:10:19 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-3. Tue Jan 7 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.3, Jobs: Theoretical Ling: Rank Open, U/of Haifa, Israel

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Wed, 01 Jan 2003 09:26:59 +0000
From:  wsandler at research.haifa.ac.il
Subject:  Theoretical/Applied Linguistics: Rank Open, The U/of Haifa, Israel

Date:  Wed, 01 Jan 2003 09:26:59 +0000
From:  wsandler at research.haifa.ac.il

University or Organization: The University of Haifa
Department: English Language and Literature
Rank of Job: Rank Open
Specialty Areas: Linguistic Theories, Applied Linguistics

The Department of English Language and Literature at the University of
Haifa invites applications for a possible tenure-line position in
linguistics with a specialization in any area of linguistics or
applied linguistics. Ph.D. in linguistics or applied linguistics is
essential. Scholars of all ranks are encouraged to
apply. Responsibilities include teaching two classes per semester (8
academic hours, 6 hours of class time) and directing theses.

The University of Haifa is a research-oriented institution and
appointees are expected to maintain an active line of scholarly
research. Classes and department business are conducted in English;
there are presently five other linguists in the department. Salary
will be determined by rank. Information about our department can be
found at http://english.haifa.ac.il/. Send applications (deadline
Feb. 15, 2001), including a letter, CV, three letters of
recommendation, and two sample publications, to Linguistics Search,
Dept. of English Language and Literature, University of Haifa, Mt.
Carmel, Haifa 31905, Israel.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Linguistics Search
	The University of Haifa
	Mt. Carmel
	Haifa, 31905
	Israel

	Applications are due by 15-Feb-2003

Contact Information:
	Dr. Wendy Sandler.
	Email: wsandler at research.haifa.ac.il
	Website: http://english.haifa.ac.il/

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!