14.35, Qs: FinP Readings, 'Old Ukrainian/Byelorussian'

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Jan 8 00:02:21 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-35. Tue Jan 7 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.35, Qs: FinP Readings, 'Old Ukrainian/Byelorussian'

Date:  Fri, 27 Dec 2002 13:26:48 -0500
From:  oborzdyk at uwo.ca
Subject:  References for FinP readings

2)
Date:  Fri, 03 Jan 2003 07:03:39 +0000
From:  Daniel Buncic <dbuncic at web.de>
Subject:  Terms for "Old Ukrainian"/"Old Byelorussian"

Date:  Fri, 27 Dec 2002 13:26:48 -0500
From:  oborzdyk at uwo.ca

Dear all,

My name is Oxana, and I'm a graduate student at the UWO (Canada). I'm
currently investigating the structure of left periphery in
Russian. Namely, I'm trying to determine if it is possible to adopt
Rizzi's 1990, 1997 structure for Russian.

I'm having trouble finding papers that would deal with FinP (in any
language) to some greater extent than it is done in Rizzi 1990,
1997. I would be particularly interested in studies that mainly focus
on the issue of FinP. So, I decided to ask the Linguist List audience
for some advice. I will be most greateful for all your
suggestions. Also, I would like to summarize all the suggestions that
I will receive and I'll send them to the Linguist List, so that
everyone could benefit from them.

Cordially,

Oxana Borzdyko
UWO PhD student