14.162, Jobs: General Ling: Lecturer,Middlesex University, UK

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Jan 17 09:44:06 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-162. Fri Jan 17 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.162, Jobs: General Ling: Lecturer,Middlesex University, UK

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Fri, 17 Jan 2003 04:29:23 +0000
From:  b.clark at mdx.ac.uk
Subject:  General Linguistics: Lecturer, Middlesex University, United Kingdom

Date:  Fri, 17 Jan 2003 04:29:23 +0000
From:  b.clark at mdx.ac.uk

University or Organization: Middlesex University
Department: Communication and Language Studies
Rank of Job: Lecturer
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

Apologies for the very short notice. Please apply by fax or email.

A vacancy has arisen at short notice to cover the teaching of two
modules in the coming semester. It is likely that there will be other
modules which require cover in semester one of the following academic
year (2003-2004) but we are only able to interview candidates with
regard to the coming semester at this stage. The two modules are:

Grammatical Descriptions of English:
A module within our MA in TEFL and Applied Linguistics which considers
differences between pedagogical and theoretical grammars and
approaches to language teaching based on theoretical grammars.

Grammar, Standards and Correctness:
An undergraduate level 3 module which considers different notions of
grammar, and different attitudes to language, including those based
around notions of a standard/standardisation.

Both modules have been taught before and a full set of previous
teaching materials is available.

Please reply by email or fax including a curriculum vitae and the
names and email addresses of two referees, to: b.clark at mdx.ac.uk
(fax:44 20 8411 6652).

The closing date for applications is Friday 24th January 2003.

The appointment begins on the 10th February 2003.

Further information is available from: Billy Clark (b.clark at mdx.ac.uk)

Information about Communication and Language Studies at Middlesex can
be found at: http://www.mdx.ac.uk/subjects/hlcs/cml.htm

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Dr Billy Clark
	Middlesex University
	White Hart Lane
	London, N17 8HR
	United Kingdom

	Applications are due by 24-Jan-2003

Contact Information:
	Dr Billy Clark.
	Email: b.clark at mdx.ac.uk
	Tel: 44 20 8411 6555
	Fax: 44 20 8411 6652
	Website: http://www.mdx.ac.uk/subjects/hlcs/cml.htm

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!