14.230, FYI: 2003 SPEAC Summer Programs Ohio State U, USA

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Jan 22 20:51:08 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-230. Wed Jan 22 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.230, FYI: 2003 SPEAC Summer Programs Ohio State U, USA

Editor for this issue: James Yuells <james at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:44:47 -0800
From:  Yi Li <speac at osu.edu>
Subject:  2003 SPEAC Summer Programs East Asian Concentration, Ohio State U, USA

Date:  Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:44:47 -0800
From:  Yi Li <speac at osu.edu>

2003 SPEAC
Summer Programs East Asian Concentration
The Ohio State University

Intensive Chinese/Japanese Languages
(June 23August 26)
&
Chinese/Japanese Teacher Training
(June 23August 7)

The Ohio State University Department of East Asian Languages and
Literatures, in conjunction with the OSU National East Asian Languages
Resource Center, is offering intensive summer programs for learners of
Chinese/Japanese, and teachers of Chinese/Japanese languages during
the summer of 2003.  The 10-week intensive Chinese (Levels I and IV)
and Japanese (Levels I, II, and IV) language programs allow learners
to complete the equivalent of a full academic year of language study
and earn 15 credit hours.  The Training Programs for Teachers of
Chinese/Japanese (15 graduate credits) provide lectures, master
classes, workshops, and hands-on teaching practice over 7 weeks.
Applicants who submit their application materials prior to March 10,
2003, will receive priority consideration for admission and
fellowships.  Fellowships are available to a limited number of
qualified applicants on a competitive basis.  Final deadline is March
31, 2003.  The deadlines for international students are: February 10
(for priority consideration) and February 24, 2003 (final deadline).

         For more information and application, please contact: SPEAC
Coordinator, Foreign Language Center, The Ohio State University, 276
Cunz Hall, 1841 Millikin Rd., Columbus, OH 43210.  Tel: (614) 688-3426
or 292-4361.  Fax: (614) 292-2682.  E-mail: speac at osu.edu.  Please
visit our web site to get more information about SPEAC:
http://www.deall.ohio-state.edu/speac/.  Application instructions,
application forms and reference forms are available from our web site.