14.235, Qs: Double Valency-Changing, Hurtful Epithets

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Jan 23 17:25:27 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-235. Thu Jan 23 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.235, Qs: Double Valency-Changing, Hurtful Epithets

Editor for this issue: Renee Galvis <renee at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:28:44 +0000
From:  Sasha Podobriaev <podobr at rambler.ru>
Subject:  Double valency-changing

2)
Date:  Mon, 20 Jan 2003 09:18:52 -0800
From:  Pamela Munro <munro at ucla.edu>
Subject:  Hurtful Epithets

Date:  Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:28:44 +0000
From:  Sasha Podobriaev <podobr at rambler.ru>

Hi, guys!

I am a student of Linguistics at Moscow State University. My research
concerns double valency-changing markers (like double causative or
double applicative) in the languages of the world.

Actually, I've got some observations of double passive (it seems to be
typologically rare!) in Balkar (a turkic language) - that is the
result of the work with the native speakers during the expedition this
summer.

The point is that I lack data about double valency-changing in the
other languages. I suppose, that typological studies like this could
be of great importance for the better understanding of the nature of
valency-changing processes.

So, if you've got some data or you know someicles concerning this
matter, please post it all to podobr at rambler.ru

                    sincerely yours,
                    Sasha Podobriaev