14.307, All: The LINGUIST List Cookbook - Call for Recipes

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Jan 30 18:29:36 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-307. Thu Jan 30 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.307, All: The LINGUIST List Cookbook - Call for Recipes

Editor for this issue: Richard John Harvey <richard at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:11:01 -0500 (EST)
From:  Richard John Harvey <richard at linguistlist.org>
Subject:  LINGUIST Publishes Cookbook - Call for Recipe Submission

Date:  Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:11:01 -0500 (EST)
From:  Richard John Harvey <richard at linguistlist.org>

You may, or may not be aware of it, but for many years now we have
maintained a vital online resource for linguists: The LINGUIST List
Cookbook, which can be found at:

http://linguistlist.org/cookbook/index.html

For many years now we have been intending to create a printed version, and
this year we are finally getting around to it. Due to the large amount of
recipes we already have, however, we will not be able to get them into one
book, so the aim is to release several volumes over the next few years. We
will be using the cookbooks as fund raising gifts, and they will be
available in this year's fund drive.

If you would like to submit a recipe for consideration, please visit
the above URL and use the web-input form (please do not reply to this
email). The deadline for submission is 7th February 2003. Any received
after this date cannot be considered for this volume, but will of
course be considered for later volumes. We are particularly looking
for 'linguistics' related recipes, and if you can think of an
interesting, topical title, even better. Authors with multiple
submissions will be limited to one per volume.

If you already have recipes on the site, but would prefer that they were
not used in the books, please let us know by emailing
richard at linguistlist.org , giving your name and the title of your recipe.

We hope you will enjoy the cookbook for years to come.