14.1858, Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Asst Prof, Arab American U

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Jul 3 17:19:25 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-1858. Thu Jul 3 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.1858, Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Asst Prof, Arab American U

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Tue, 01 Jul 2003 10:11:40 +0000
From:  zsaleh at aauj.edu
Subject:  Applied Ling: Asst Prof, Arab American University, West Bank, Israel

Date:  Tue, 01 Jul 2003 10:11:40 +0000
From:  zsaleh at aauj.edu

University or Organization: Arab American University
Department: English
Rank of Job: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

6/26/2003
Employer:        Arab American University
Unit:            English Department
Job Title:       Assistant professor
Tenure Status:   non-tenure-track
Due Date:        8/1/2003

The Institution: The new Arab American University (AAUJ)promises
distinguished education with American Academic Standards to serve
students from Palestine and neighboring countries. AAUJ is located in
the quiet northern part of the West Bank. (www.aauj.edu)

The Department:
The new department of English with tracks in(EFL) and Translation is
seeking qualified individuals with a Ph.D. in Applied Linguistics for
an Assistant Professor position.

Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will advise on curriculum development and
teach 9 - 12 credit hours for freshman level courses of Academic
Reading, Academic and Creative Writing, Listening and speaking for
selected high school students to prepare them for higher
education,teaching and various careers in translation.

The Offer:
The offer includes free housing, a roundtrip airline ticket,and tax
exempt status. The salary is determined according to credentials but
is competitive compared with local expenses.

Interested individuals, please send CV via e-mail to

              Dr. Zaki M. Saleh, Dean
              Faculty of Arts and Sciences
              E-mail: zsaleh at aauj.edu

Address for Applications: