14.1887, FYI: Update on possible closure of Ling, Durham, UK

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jul 8 13:09:46 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-1887. Tue Jul 8 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.1887, FYI: Update on possible closure of Ling, Durham, UK

Date:  7 Jul 2003 21:35:07 -0000
From:  S J Hannahs <s.j.hannahs at durham.ac.uk>
Subject:  Update: possible closure of Linguistics at Durham

Date:  7 Jul 2003 21:35:07 -0000
From:  S J Hannahs <s.j.hannahs at durham.ac.uk>

Many thanks to those of you who have already written to the Vice
Chancellor of the University of Durham against the proposed closure of
the Department of Linguistics here (see Linguist 14.1751). Details
of the proposed closure, our response, and some of your responses can
now be viewed on the following website:

www.hlm.clara.net/linguistics/home.htm

Details will be added shortly about further efforts to fight the
proposal.
Please continue to support us by writing to the Vice Chancellor (full
details on the website) if you feel able to do so.

*********
Dr S.J. Hannahs                Senior Lecturer
                Department of Linguistics and English Language
                University of Durham, Elvet Riverside,
                Durham, DH1 3JT     phone: +44 (0)191 334-3006
                United Kingdom        fax: +44 (0)191 334-3001
                http://www.dur.ac.uk/Linguistics/hannahs1.html