14.1997, Jobs: Computational Ling: Programmer, HarperCollins

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Jul 23 21:39:25 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-1997. Wed Jul 23 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.1997, Jobs: Computational Ling: Programmer, HarperCollins

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Tue, 22 Jul 2003 11:52:23 +0000
From:  vacancies at harpercollins.co.uk
Subject:  Computational Linguistics: Programmer, HarperCollins Publishers, UK

Date:  Tue, 22 Jul 2003 11:52:23 +0000
From:  vacancies at harpercollins.co.uk

University or Organization: HarperCollins Publishers
Department: Dictionaries Department
Rank of Job: Programmer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

HarperCollins Publishers is looking to recruit an Analyst Programmer
to join the highly successful Dictionaries Division, based in Glasgow,
Scotland. This is a varied and challenging role requiring an interest
in publishing, a flexible approach and good attention to detail.

Applicants should have:

- knowledge of Java, Perl and C
- experience in the design and development of RDBMS systems
- the ability to work with both Unix and Windows operating systems
- familiarity with XML and related technologies

In addition, the following would be desirable, but not essential:

- an interest in typesetting
- a qualification in or a good understanding of Computational
  Linguistics
- knowledge of a foreign language
- an awareness of web development tools

Applicants must thrive in a team environment, as the successful
candidate will be expected to work closely with both computing and
editorial staff, often to tight deadlines.

Please send a CV, together with a covering letter, to Elaine Barr, HR
Manager, email: vacancies at harpercollins.co.uk, by Wednesday 13 August,
2003.

http://www.harpercollins.co.uk

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Elaine Barr
	HarperCollins Publishers,
	Westerhill Road,
	Bishopbriggs
	Glasgow, G64 2QT
	United Kingdom

	Applications are due by 13-Aug-2003

Contact Information:
	Elaine Barr
	Email: vacancies at harpercollins.co.uk
	Tel: +44 141 7723200
	Website: http://www.harpercollins.co.uk

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!