14.2009, Jobs: Syntax/typology: Post Doc, Goethe-Universität

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Jul 25 20:12:23 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2009. Fri Jul 25 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2009, Jobs: Syntax/typology: Post Doc, Goethe-Universität

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Thu, 24 Jul 2003 06:45:55 +0000
From:  T.E.Zimmermann at lingua.uni-frankfurt.de
Subject:  Syntax/typology: Post Doc, Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universität

Date:  Thu, 24 Jul 2003 06:45:55 +0000
From:  T.E.Zimmermann at lingua.uni-frankfurt.de

University or Organization: Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universität
Rank of Job: Post Doc
Specialty Areas: Syntax

The graduate program ''Sentence Types: Variation and Interpretation''
(Graduiertenkolleg ''Satztypen: Variation und Interpretation'') at the
University of Frankfurt/Main, Germany, is seeking applications for one
postdoctoral position.

The program was founded in April 2001 and receives its funding from
the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG), the German national
research foundation. It combines several areas of linguistics and
establishes interdisciplinary relations with the neighboring
disciplines cognitive psychology and neuroscience.  Information about
the projects of the graduate program can be found on the internet
under

http://www.rz.uni-frankfurt.de/FB/fb10/grad_koll

in both German and English.

The ideal candidate should have significant expertise in both syntax
and typology, and is expected to coordinate and support dissertation
projects. Apart from teaching in at least one of the project areas of
the program, postdocs are expected to design and organize courses for
the graduate program in their areas of specialization. Depending on
further funding of the graduate program the position is available for
two years. We would like to appoint a qualified candidate as soon as
possible.

Applicants should send a curriculum vitae, statement of research
interests and up to three representative publications by September 15,
2003 to the deputy head of the graduate program:

Prof. Dr. Thomas E .Zimmermann
Institut für Deutsche Sprache und Literatur II
Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universität
Grüneburgplatz 1
60629 Frankfurt am Main
Germany

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Prof. Dr. Thomas E. Zimmermann
	Institut für Deutsche Sprache und Literatur II
	Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universität, Grüneburgplatz 1
	Frankfurt am Main, 60629
	Germany

	Applications are due by 15-Sep-2003

Contact Information:
	Prof. Dr. Thomas E. Zimmermann
	Email: T.E.Zimmermann at lingua.uni-frankfurt.de
	Tel: +49 (0)69-798-32394

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!