14.1573, Support: Burmese/General Ling: Copy-Editor, SOAS, London

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jun 3 19:41:51 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-1573. Tue Jun 3 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.1573, Support: Burmese/General Ling: Copy-Editor, SOAS, London

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

Date:  3 Jun 2003 18:56:06 -0000
From:  jw2 at soas.ac.uk
Subject:  Burmese / General Linguistics: Copy-Editor, SOAS, London

Date:  3 Jun 2003 18:56:06 -0000
From:  jw2 at soas.ac.uk

I am looking for a copy-editor and word-processing wizard with an eye
for detail and consistency to assist over the summer months with the
preparation of the manuscript of a book of collected articles on
various topics in Burmese linguistics.

Several of the articles require substantial and fiddly reformatting,
including consistent presentation of examples with Burmese,
transcription, gloss and translation. Delegating this to a skilled
copy-preparer will help me concentrate on the content.

Knowledge of Burmese would be an advantage, but is not
essential. (You'll know Burmese script by the end of the job, I
imagine.) Native level English and a head for diverse linguistic
writing are required.

Pay will be appropriate casual rates per hour or a fixed fee per
article, by mutual agreement. Do contact me if you're interested. I'll
be interested to see examples of your word-processing expertise.

Address for Applications:
	Justin  Watkins
	South East Asia
	SOAS