14.1632, Qs: Blind IPA Fonts; Pre-linguistic Terms

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jun 10 14:25:04 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-1632. Tue Jun 10 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.1632, Qs: Blind IPA Fonts; Pre-linguistic Terms

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Sat,  7 Jun 2003 15:28:03 -0300
From:  "adelaidehpsilva" <adelaidehpsilva at uol.com.br>
Subject:  query: IPA fonts for blinds

2)
Date:  Tue, 10 Jun 2003 06:12:26 +1200
From:  Jeffrey Masson <jeffreymasson at paradise.net.nz>
Subject:  Children's Words for breast-feeding in various languages

Date:  Sat,  7 Jun 2003 15:28:03 -0300
From:  "adelaidehpsilva" <adelaidehpsilva at uol.com.br>

Dear Linguist List subscribers,

does anyone know whether there are IPA fonts available for
blind people? If they do exist, where can I get them? I need
such a tool to teach phonetic transcription to some blind
students attending an introductory course of Phonetics.

Thanks in advance,

Adelaide Silva
Linguistics Department
Universidade Federal do Paraná