14.1635, Jobs: TESOL: Lecturer, Ittihad University

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Jun 11 04:33:32 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-1635. Wed Jun 11 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.1635, Jobs: TESOL: Lecturer, Ittihad University

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Tue, 10 Jun 2003 11:06:33 +0000
From:  turki at operamail.com
Subject:  TESOL: Lecturer, Ittihad University, Ras Al Khaimah

Date:  Tue, 10 Jun 2003 11:06:33 +0000
From:  turki at operamail.com

University or Organization: Ittihad University
Department: English Language & Translation
Rank of Job: Lecturer
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics, TESOL / TEFL / TESP /
Required Language(s): English (Code = ENG)

This is a challenging full-time job requiring committment and
dedication as we are in the process of building a strong Basic English
and remedial English program. This entails:

1. teaching basic English and remedial courses,
2. providing academic advising to students,
3. building language materials and developing curricula,
4. managing placement testing,
5. developing a multi-media language lab and a resource room,
6. participating in insitutional research and accreditation
   maintenance.

Applicants must have a Master's degree in Applied Linguistics and/or
TEFL and preferably a first degree in English language or
linguistics. Applicants must have a minimum of two years experience of
teaching English at the post secondary / university level.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Dr Turki Diab
	Mohammad bin Salim Street
	Ras Al Khaimah, P.O. Box 2286
	United Arab Emirates

	Applications are due by 20-Jun-2003

Contact Information:
	Dean of Arts & Education Dr. Turki Diab bani Khalid
	Email: turki at operamail.com
	Tel: 00 971 7 236 2323
	Fax: 00 971 7 326 2121
	Website: http://www.ittihad.ac.ae

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!