14.1674, Jobs: Syntax: Temporary Asst Prof, U/of Minnesota

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Jun 12 22:23:13 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-1674. Thu Jun 12 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.1674, Jobs: Syntax: Temporary Asst Prof, U/of Minnesota

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Thu, 12 Jun 2003 15:08:27 +0000
From:  gunde003 at umn.edu
Subject:  Syntax: Temporary Asst Prof or Instructor, University of Minnesota

Date:  Thu, 12 Jun 2003 15:08:27 +0000
From:  gunde003 at umn.edu

University or Organization: University of Minnesota
Department: ILES/ Linguistics
Rank of Job: Temporary Assistant Professor or Instructor
Specialty Areas: Syntax

The Academic Program in Lingistics at the University of
Minnesota--Twin Cities seeks candidates for an Assistant
Professor/Instructor position for the 2003-04 academic year. This
temporary appointment (T) will be 100% for the nine-month period of
August 26, 2003 through May 25, 2004, contingent on receipt of
funding, with a salary that is commensurate with qualifications and
experience.

The person should have a specialization in syntactic theory and will
be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate classes, including
Syntax I, Syntax II, Seminar in Syntax, and 2 sections of Introduction
to Linguistics. Other responsibilities may include undergraduate and
graduate student advising and providing service to the department,
College and University. Qualifications include a preference for a Ph.D
in Linguistics by date of appointment, but candidates who are
A.B.D. will be considered. Candidates must have at least one year of
experience teaching in Linguistics. Experience teaching syntax and
publications in syntactic theory are preferred.

Send (1) letter of application, (2) up-to-date curriculum vitae, (3)
graduate transcripts, (4) sample publications, (5) evidence of
teaching effectiveness, if available, and (6) names, addresses, email
addresses, and phone numbers of three references to: Jeanette Gundel,
Chair, Linguistics Search Committee, ILES, University of Minnesota,
214 Nolte Center, 315 Pillsbury Drive S.E., Minneapolis, MN 55455.
Review of applications will begin on June 23, 2003.  Position is open
until filled.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Jeanette Gundel
	214 Nolte Center,
	315 Pillsbury Dr., S.E.
	University of Minnesota
	Minneapolis, MN 55414
	United States of America

	Position is open until filled.

Contact Information:
	Jeanette Gundel
	Email: gunde003 at umn.edu
	Tel: 612 624 7564

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!