14.1714, All: Update on Fund Drive Premiums

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jun 17 17:24:15 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-1714. Tue Jun 17 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.1714, All: Update on Fund Drive Premiums

Date:  17 Jun 2003 17:18:21 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org
Subject:  Fund Drive Premiums

Date:  17 Jun 2003 17:18:21 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org

Dear LINGUIST List Supporters,

Many of you have written asking about your T-shirts, tote bags, and
cookbooks. No, they didn't get lost in the mail, and we haven't
misplaced your donation information. As it turns out, the response to
our fund drive was even better than we had anticipated, and the
requests for shirts and tote bags outnumbered our supply. The good
news is that we re-ordered and now have enough. The bad news is that
the 'paper' version of the cookbook is proving to be more problematic
than the 'virtual' version and is not quite ready yet. But, we've
decided to go ahead and mail out everything except the cookbooks
rather than wait; so those of you who requested shirts and totes will
be happy to hear that you should be receiving them within a couple of
weeks.
We thought we had this whole process perfected; we envisioned the
Linguist crew working like a well-oiled piece of machinery--packing,
labeling, mailing. We thought the gifts would be in your hands 2 weeks
after the close of the fund drive. It seems that we overestimated our
skills! We apologize for the delay; we thank you for your support (and
patience); and we hope that this year's trials will ensure that
next year we'll get it exactly right!

Once again, we thank you for your generous support during our fund
drive and throughout the year.

Sincerely,

The Linguist Crew