14.1754, Jobs: Syntax, Semantics: Asst Prof, Taiwan

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Jun 22 18:34:52 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-1754. Sun Jun 22 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.1754, Jobs: Syntax, Semantics: Asst Prof, Taiwan

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Thu, 19 Jun 2003 06:00:17 +0000
From:  mytseng_2000 at yahoo.com.tw
Subject:  Syntax, Semantics: Asst Prof, National University of Kaohsiung

Date:  Thu, 19 Jun 2003 06:00:17 +0000
From:  mytseng_2000 at yahoo.com.tw

University or Organization: National University of Kaohsiung
Department: Dept. of Western Languages and Literature
Rank of Job: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Syntax, semantics, Interface between Syntax and
		 Semantics, Computational Ling.

1 Full-time University Faculty Position Available Fall Semester 2003
or Spring Semester 2004

National University of Kaohsiung - Taiwan
Department of Western Languages & Literature

To teach 9 - 12 hours of various courses including language skills
courses.

Qualified applicant should have a Ph.D in Linguistics or Applied
Linguistics. Specialization in any of the following fields will be a
plus: syntax, semantics , interface between syntax and semantics, or
computational linguistics. Qualified applicant should be a native
speaker of English or have near-native proficiency in English.

Monthly salary between NT$64,000 and NT$83,000 (Present Exchange:
NT$34=US$1), National Health Insurance, and New Year Bonus.

Please submit the following documents by mail by 1 August 2003 (for
Fall Semester 2003) or by 31 December 2003 (for Spring Semester) :

1) a brief letter expressing your interest,
2) a resume and publications list,
3) a copy of your Ph.D. diploma,
4) a copy of your Ph.D. dissertation or 1 - 3 of your recent academic
   publications,
5) two letters of reference.

To:
Chairman and Hiring Committee
Department of Western Languages and Literature
National University of Kaohsiung
No. 700, Kaohsiung University Road,
Nan-Tzu District, Kaohsiung 811, Taiwan
E-mail: ychen at nuk.edu.tw or mytseng_2000 at yahoo.com.tw