14.1806, Jobs: Chinese Lexicographer, HarperCollins Publishers

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Jun 28 19:20:30 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-1806. Sat Jun 28 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.1806, Jobs: Chinese Lexicographer, HarperCollins Publishers

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Fri, 27 Jun 2003 08:09:18 +0000
From:  vacancies at harpercollins.co.uk
Subject:  Chinese Lexicography: Lexicographer, HarperCollins Publishers, UK

Date:  Fri, 27 Jun 2003 08:09:18 +0000
From:  vacancies at harpercollins.co.uk

University or Organization: HarperCollins Publishers
Department: Dictionaries
Rank of Job: Lexicographer
Specialty Areas: Lexicography, Chinese
Required Language(s): Chinese, Mandarin (Code = CHN)

HarperCollins Publishers is looking for an experienced Chinese
lexicographer with excellent English to join the Dictionaries Division
based in Glasgow, Scotland. The successful candidate will be offered a
six-month contract to work on Chinese-English dictionary products. An
attractive salary together with a range of supporting benefits will be
offered.

REQUIREMENTS:
*       Chinese (Mandarin) native speaker
*       degree or equivalent in English Language
*       Considerable and recent experience in Chinese-English lexicography
*       Good computational skills and familiarity with online editing
*       Strong organizational skills and an eye for detail

Please send a CV, together with a covering letter, by Friday 4 July
2003 to: vacancies at harpercollins.co.uk

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Helen Newstead
	Harpercollins Publishers
	Westerhill Road
	Glasgow, G64 2QT
	United Kingdom

	Applications are due by 04-Jul-2003

Contact Information:
	Helen Newstead
	Email: vacancies at harpercollins.co.uk
	Website: http://www.harpercollins.co.uk

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!