14.1814, Jobs: Applied Ling: Manager, iProbe Inc.

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Jun 30 04:26:23 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-1814. Mon Jun 30 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.1814, Jobs: Applied Ling: Manager, iProbe Inc.

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Fri, 27 Jun 2003 20:05:32 +0000
From:  setbon at iprobesolutions.com
Subject:  Applied Linguistics: Manager, iProbe Multilingual Solutions, Inc.,

Date:  Fri, 27 Jun 2003 20:05:32 +0000
From:  setbon at iprobesolutions.com

University or Organization: iProbe Multilingual Solutions, Inc.
Rank of Job: Manager
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Project Manager
Location: New York, NY
Position Type: Employee
Position Duration: Full-Time

Job description: Dynamic language services company currently seeks
Project Manager for our financial/legal production department. Project
Manager is responsible for placing projects, negotiating budgets and
deadlines with freelance translators, overseeing the progress of
translation projects, resolving project and payment disputes,
recruiting and testing new translators, investigating client language
questions, and providing primary quality checks of translated text.
Aside from written translations, other projects involve interpreting
assignments for conferences and depositions, as well as casting and
voice-overs.

QUALIFICATIONS:
- BA/BS, Business Administration preferred.
- 2+ years experience in project management translation/localization
  environment.
- Needs to be highly experience in contracting work out to freelance
  translators, and/or interpreters.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Localization experience preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects and produce high quality work in
  a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Foreign language skills are required, Chinese, Japanese, Korean,
  Russian, Polish, Italian would be preferred
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Translation Memory/CAT tools expertise is a plus

Applicants should be residing in the NYC metropolitan area or be
willing to relocate and should be permanent US Citizens or greencard
holders.

Company Description: iProbe offers a broad range of high-end
linguistic services in the estimated 6,800 languages of the
world. With our expertise in a variety of industries, we assist
companies and organizations in communicating more effectively while
conducting international business. We also provide our services to
clients interested in reaching domestic markets and local
multicultural communities.

iProbe's in-depth knowledge of cultural and linguistic issues,
immediate access to a global network of language experts, and focus on
exceptional service, make us a preferred supplier of industry leaders
worldwide.

APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
1) In the cover letter please describe previous experience in managing
Financial/Banking/legal translation projects as well as other projects
and mention you salary requirements.

2) Please email resume and cover letter (both copied and pasted in
email body, NO attachments) to info at iprobesolutions.com

3) As email subject please state: Linguist List + Project Manager +
''your city''

Address for Applications:

	Attn: President Julie Setbon

	Please email applications to: