14.636, All: Keeping LINGUIST On Track - The Advisors...

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Mar 5 05:17:39 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-636. Wed Mar 5 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.636, All: Keeping LINGUIST On Track - The Advisors...

Editor for this issue: Richard John Harvey <richard at linguistlist.org>

Date:  5 Mar 2003 04:00:26 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org
Subject:  Correction to yesterday's issue...

2)
Date:  5 Mar 2003 03:27:17 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org
Subject:  A Message From Ahmad Lofti

3)
Date:  5 Mar 2003 03:18:39 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org
Subject:  The LINGUIST List Advisors - keeping us on our toes...

4)
Date:  Tue, 04 Mar 2003 22:39:11 +0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org
Subject:  How to Donate to LINGUIST and Contributors So Far

Date:  5 Mar 2003 04:00:26 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org

We have an apology to make regarding an error in yesterday's Fund Drive issue.

In the second message of the issue, 'The Backbone of LINGUIST - This
Machinery Hums...' (http://linguistlist.org/issues/14/14-622.html#2),
our very computer wise programmer Zhenwei Chen made the mistake of
saying that the great linguist Ferdinand de Saussure, after who one of
our servers is named, was French and not Swiss. He also forgot to
mention that our other server Victoria is named after the late
Prof. Victoria Fromkin. For this Heinous linguistic name-dropping
atrocity he was locked in a broom cupboard and forced to comment all
his code and his Chinese green tea was confiscated!

And now, on with the real messages...