14.749, All: FUNd Drive FUN Friday - Percy and Prizes...

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Mar 14 10:04:14 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-749. Fri Mar 14 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.749, All: FUNd Drive FUN Friday - Percy and Prizes...

Editor for this issue: Richard John Harvey <richard at linguistlist.org>

Date:  14 Mar 2003 09:26:26 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org
Subject:  The LINGUIST List Publisher Prize Draw - lots of goodies...

2)
Date:  14 Mar 2003 07:12:09 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org
Subject:  The Continuing Saga of Percival: Catalan - A Real Cat Land

3)
Date:  14 Mar 2003 09:27:14 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org
Subject:  HaHa HeHe HoHo

4)
Date:  14 Mar 2003 09:41:11 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org
Subject:  The LINGUIST List Cookbook - another recipe

5)
Date:  Fri, 14 Mar 2003 04:41:43 +0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org
Subject:  How to Donate to LINGUIST and Contributors So Far

Date:  14 Mar 2003 09:26:26 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org

Welcome to FUNd Drive FUN Friday

***Total Raised So Far: $12,706.33***   ***Target: $50,000***

Sit back, relax, and start looking forward to the weekend. We know
you're diligent and hard working; we know you deserve a holiday; we
also know that you have done so much this week, you have earned a
breather.

And do we have some fun for you! For a start, Percival The LINGUIST
List Cat has been extending his world knowledge. Read all about his
travels in the next message.

To go with our Food and Cooking theme, we have some classic jokes and
puns for you, and we have also printed another recipe from The LINGUIST
List Cookbook. Check it out below.

But before you move on, let me give you some insider information about
some of the good things we have in stall for you:

**** The LINGUIST List Publisher Prize Draw ****

Yes that's right, we have some great things to give away once the fund
drive is over. We are just working out the fine details, but I know
that the following prizes will be up for grabs:

Cascadilla Press has most generously offered two prizes
1. WCCFL Proceedings 18-21 on CD-ROM - worth $80 - works on Mac or Win
2. Many Morphologies edited by Paul Boucher
Thank you Cascadilla! http://www.cascadilla.com

Elsevier Science are giving away a years subscription to the whole of
ScienceDirect - check out the site at http://www.sciencedirect.com
Thanks to the Elsevier crew!

MIT Press have offered subscriptions to two of there well respected
journals:
1. Linguistic Inquiry
2. Computational Linguistics
Thanks MIT!

We should be announcing the prize draw for real in the next few days,
together with all the fine details etc.

Finally, we would like to take this opportunity to thank another of
our supporting publishers, John Benjamins. Last week they told us that
if we could take the fund drive total over $10,000 by Saturday 15
March, they would give us a very generous $1,500. At the time we were
just over $5,000. Well, thanks to many wonderful people out there, we
broke through the barrier in record time and Benjamins of course have
made good on their pledge. Thank you to all the team there!
http://www.benjamins.com/ http://www.benjamins.nl

And now, on with FUNd Drive FUN Friday.....