14.1259, All: Publisher Prize Draw - The Winners

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon May 5 20:30:33 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-1259. Mon May 5 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.1259, All: Publisher Prize Draw - The Winners

Editor for this issue: Richard John Harvey <richard at linguistlist.org>

Date:  5 May 2003 20:27:22 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org
Subject:  The LINGUIST List Publisher Prize Draw - The Winners

Date:  5 May 2003 20:27:22 -0000
From:  linguist at linguistlist.org

		***                                          ***
		***  The LINGUIST List Publisher Prize Draw  ***
		***                                          ***
		***                                          ***
		***              2003 WINNERS                ***
		***                                          ***

Dear LINGUISTs,

We are very pleased to announce the winners of this year's Publisher
Prize Draw. We would like to thank the following Supporting Publishers
for their amazing generosity:

Cascadilla Press
http://www.cascadilla.com/

Elsevier Science
http://www.elsevier.com/locate/linguistics

The MIT Press
http://mitpress.mit.edu/

Oxford University Press
http://www.oed.com/

The Linguistic Association of Finland
http://www.ling.helsinki.fi/sky/

The draw was held on Saturday 26th April 2003. All donors to the
LINGUIST List from 1st January 2003 to 25th April 2003 were
automatically included in the draw. As this prize draw was free to
enter, people who did not donate but emailed us as per the
instructions (see http://linguistlist.org/prizedraw.html) were also
included into the list of entrants by creating a $0 donation in our
database. All entrants thus had a unique ID number. These numbers were
then retrieved from our database and generated into a list, which was
then subjected to a random generator to pull random positions in the
list and display the unique ID number at that position. These ID
numbers were then matched up to the person in our database. There was
a total of seven prizes available. The random generator was run seven
times, each time for one of the prizes in the order shown below. This
process was actioned by Richard Harvey (Fund Drive Coordinator), under
the supervision of Prof. Helen Aristar-Dry (Moderator), with Karolina
Owczarzak (Web Development) present. If you have any questions
regarding the draw, please email Richard at richard at linguistlist.org.

And the winners are...(fanfare, loud applause, champagne...)

~Cascadilla Press - WCCFL 18-21 Proceedings on CD-ROM
*** Gerald L. Fullerton ***

~Cascadilla Press - Many Morphologies, edited by Paul Boucher
*** Thomas T. Field ***

~Elsevier Science - Free access to ScienceDirect for a year
*** Holden Haertl ***

~The MIT Press - A year's subscription to Linguistic Inquiry
*** Leonardo Oliveira ***

~The MIT Press - A year's subsciption to Computational Linguistics
*** Nina Wacholder ***

~OUP - A free one year individual subscription to OED Online
*** Irene Barberia ***

~The Linguistic Association of Finland - A year's subscription to the
SKY Journal of Linguistics
*** Jean-Marc Dewaele ***

CONGRATULATIONS ALL OF YOU!!!!!!

Individual winners will be contacted directly by email to obtain
mailing information etc. All prizes will be distributed directly by
the publisher in question.

Once again we would like to thank the Supporting Publishers for their
time, effort and generosity with the prize draw, and we hope that you
as LINGUIST subscribers will continue to support the great work these
publishers are doing for the discipline of linguistics.

Richard John Harvey
Fund Drive Coordinator