14.1343, Jobs: Speech: Post Doc, Haskins Laboratories

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat May 10 02:41:25 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-1343. Fri May 9 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.1343, Jobs: Speech: Post Doc, Haskins Laboratories

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Thu, 08 May 2003 17:52:09 +0000
From:  whalen at haskins.yale.edu
Subject:  Speech, Articulatory Synthesis: Post Doc, Haskins Laboratories

Date:  Thu, 08 May 2003 17:52:09 +0000
From:  whalen at haskins.yale.edu

University or Organization: Haskins Laboratories
Rank of Job: Post Doc
Specialty Areas: Speech, Articulatory Synthesis

Haskins Laboratories, an interdisciplinary research laboratory
affiliated with Yale University and the University of Connecticut and
located in New Haven, CT, has a position for a post-doctoral level
researcher in speech.  This work is supported by an NIH grant, ''Links
between production and perception in speech.''  The primary focus is
on our articulatory synthesis effort.

(See
http://www.haskins.yale.edu/haskins/MISC/ASY/ASY.html and
http://www.haskins.yale.edu/haskins/HEADS/ASY/INFO/CASY.html )

Previous research in articulatory synthesis is preferred, but
candidates with a background in speech production and/or acoustics
will also be considered.  Programming experience (C, MATLAB) is highly
desired.  Support is for a minimum of two years, with future years
dependent on performance and funding.  The recipient of the position
must complete all requirements for the Ph.D.before beginning the job.
U. S. citizenship, green card, or eligibility for a J1 visa is
necessary.  Please send a resume, names of three references, and a one
page description of current research to:

D. H. Whalen
Haskins Laboratories
270 Crown St.
New Haven, CT 06511
USA

Haskins Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Doug Whalen
	Haskins Laboratories
	270 Crown St
	New Haven, CT 06511
	United States of America

	Position is open until filled.

Contact Information:
	Doug Whalen
	Email: whalen at haskins.yale.edu
	Tel: 203-865-6163, ext. 234
	Fax: 203-865-8963
	Website: http://www.haskins.yale.edu/

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!