14.1372, Qs: Linguistic Document Dating; ICT/SLA Input

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed May 14 03:40:18 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-1372. Tue May 13 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.1372, Qs: Linguistic Document Dating; ICT/SLA Input

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 13 May 2003 13:02:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:  decaen at origin.chass.utoronto.ca (Vincent DeCaen)
Subject:  dating documents?

2)
Date:  Tue, 13 May 2003 18:04:26 +0000
From:  Damianos Damianopoulos <damker at otenet.gr>
Subject:  REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE

Date:  Tue, 13 May 2003 13:02:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:  decaen at origin.chass.utoronto.ca (Vincent DeCaen)

i'm interested in theory & method for dating documents by linguistic
criteria: either historical-linguistic, or corpus-linguistic, or
something related. i have relatively dated (!) references for middle
english literature; norse sagas; and biblical hebrew.  i assume other
literatures present challenges in dating compositions too ...

is there anything general and recent in this area written by a
*linguist*?  thanx.

Dr Vincent DeCaen <decaen at chass.utoronto.ca>
Research Associate
Near & Middle Eastern Civilizations