14.1404, Qs: Boas in Portuguese; Endangered Languages

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri May 16 14:23:45 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-1404. Fri May 16 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.1404, Qs: Boas in Portuguese; Endangered Languages

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Thu, 15 May 2003 15:42:51 +0000
From:  Eduardo Ribeiro <erribeir at midway.uchicago.edu>
Subject:  Boas' 'Introduction' in Portuguese

2)
Date:  Fri, 16 May 2003 06:01:57 +0000
From:  Clare Mac Cumhaill <claremaccumhaill at hotmail.com>
Subject:  Marked Phonemes of Endangered Languages

Date:  Thu, 15 May 2003 15:42:51 +0000
From:  Eduardo Ribeiro <erribeir at midway.uchicago.edu>

Dear colleagues,

I'm currently working on an annotated Portuguese translation of Franz
Boas' Introduction to the Handbook of American Indian Languages
(1911), for an introductory course I intend to teach later this year,
and, before I proceed with it, I would like to check if there is
already a published Portuguese translation of this work.  I would also
appreciate it if you could refer me to any translation in other
Romance languages as well.  I will gladly post a summary of the
answers I eventually receive.

Thanks in advance,

Eduardo Rivail Ribeiro
Department of Linguistics (University of Chicago)
Museu Antropologico (Universidade Federal de Goias)
http://www.geocities.com/avepalavra