14.1413, Jobs: TESOL: Post Doc, Stony Brook University (SUNY)

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun May 18 03:25:10 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-1413. Sat May 17 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.1413, Jobs: TESOL: Post Doc, Stony Brook University (SUNY)

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Fri, 16 May 2003 14:41:32 +0000
From:  ellen.broselow at sunysb.edu
Subject:  TESOL: Post Doc, Stony Brook University (SUNY), NY, USA

Date:  Fri, 16 May 2003 14:41:32 +0000
From:  ellen.broselow at sunysb.edu

University or Organization: Stony Brook University (SUNY)
Department: Linguistics
Rank of Job: Post Doc
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics, TESOL

The Department of Linguistics invites applications for a Visiting
Assistant Professor/Lecturer to assist with our graduate and
undergraduate teacher education programs.  Candidates must have a
doctoral degree or A.B.D. in linguistics or a related field;
experience in ESL teaching; experience in teaching at the p-12 level
or in teacher education at this level; and experience in pre-service
or in-service teacher education.  Desirable qualifications include NY
State ESL certification or the equivalent; research experience in a
field related to ESL teaching; knowledge of accreditation procedures
and assessment; and experience in student teacher supervision.
Responsibilities will include teaching two courses per semester (such
as Methods of TESOL, Second Language Acquisition, Bilingualism, and
Student Teaching Seminar), and may include supervision of student
teachers in the public schools.

The term of appointment will be for one year beginning Fall 2003, with
a possibility of renewal.  Please send a curriculum vitae and 3
letters of recommendation by June 16, 2003.

The State University of New York at Stony Brook is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.  Applications from women,
people of color, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans or
Vietnam era veterans are especially welcome.  If you require a
disability related accommodation please contact Ellen Broselow.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Prof. Ellen Broselow
	Dept. of Linguistics
	SUNY
	Stony Brook, NY 11794-4376
	United States of America

	Applications are due by 16-Jun-2003

Contact Information:
	Prof. Ellen Broselow
	Email: ellen.broselow at sunysb.edu
	Tel: 631-632-7777

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!