14.3040, Jobs: Phonetics/Phonology: Asst Prof, Singapore

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Nov 7 23:18:36 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-3040. Fri Nov 7 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.3040, Jobs: Phonetics/Phonology: Asst Prof, Singapore

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Wed, 05 Nov 2003 22:59:17 +0000
From:  chsholg at nus.edu.sg
Subject:  Phonetics/Phonology: Asst Prof, National University of Singapore

Date:  Wed, 05 Nov 2003 22:59:17 +0000
From:  chsholg at nus.edu.sg

University or Organization: National University of Singapore
Rank of Job: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Phonetics, Phonology
Required Language(s): Chinese, Mandarin (Code = CHN);English (Code =
		      ENG)

The successful applicant must possess a doctorate upon appointment,
which commences in July 2004. He/She is expected to teach
undergraduate and graduate courses (in Chinese and English), conduct
research and supervise MA/PhD students.

A detailed CV accompanying the application must include:

1.	comprehensive statements of teaching and research interests
2.	representative publications
3.	photocopies of academic transcripts and certificates
4.	letters of reference from THREE referees

Application packages should be sent by post.

For more information, please refer to these websites:

Terms and Conditions
www.nus.edu.sg/NUSinfo/Appoint/0191-terms00teaching.htm

Department of Chinese Studies
www.fas.nus.edu.sg/chs

Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
www.fas.nus.edu.sg

National University of Singapore
www.nus.edu.sg

APPLICATION REVIEW BEGINS IN EARLY FEBRUARY 2004 AND WILL CONTINUE
UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED

ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIED

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Ms Lian Geok HO
	Department of Chinese Studies,
	National University of Singapore
	Level 3, Shaw Foundation Building, 5 Arts Link
	Singapore, 117570
	Singapore

	Applications are due by 15-Feb-2004

Contact Information:
	Ms Lian Geok HO
	Email: chsholg at nus.edu.sg
	Tel: (65) 6874 6894
	Fax: (65) 6779 4167
	Website: http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/chs

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!