14.3077, FYI: ELRA News

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Nov 11 16:23:38 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-3077. Tue Nov 11 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.3077, FYI: ELRA News

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Anne Clarke <anne at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Thu, 06 Nov 2003 09:13:05 +0100
From:  ELRA-ELDA <info at elda.fr>
Subject:  ELRA News

2)
Date:  Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:25:48 +0200
From:  Magali Jeanmaire <duclaux at elda.fr>

Date:  Thu, 06 Nov 2003 09:13:05 +0100
From:  ELRA-ELDA <info at elda.fr>

ELRA - Language Resources Catalogue - Update

We are happy to announce that new resources are now available in our
LRs catalogue:

Spoken Language Resources:
ELRA-S0152: Basque FDB-1060 database (SpeechDat-like)
ELRA-S0153: Bizkaifon (Bizkaieraren Fonoteka)

Written Language Resource:
ELRA-W0036-01:"Le Monde Diplomatique" Text corpus in French - Archives
1980-1998
ELRA-W0036-02: "Le Monde Diplomatique" Text corpus in French - Archives
from 1999
ELRA-W0036-03: "Le Monde Diplomatique" Text corpus in English

Short descriptions of these resources are given below. More detailed
descriptions are available on our web sites, at http://www.elda.fr or
http://www.elra.info.

*** S0152: Basque FDB-1060 database (SpeechDat-like)  ***
The Basque FDB-1060 database contains the recordings of
1,060 speakers of Basque recorded over the fixed telephone
network. Each speaker uttered around 43 read and spontaneous
items

*** S0153: Bizkaifon (Bizkaieraren Fonoteka)  ***
Bizkaifon contains sound archives and associated information
of dialectal varieties of spoken Basque. It consists of 21 hours
of spontaneous and read speech, recorded over a microphone
in a room, with orthographic transcription.

*** W0036-01:"Le Monde Diplomatique" Text corpus in French - Archives
1980-1998 ***
Electronic archiving of "Le Monde Diplomatique" articles in French
from 1980 to 1998. The corpus is available in an ASCII text format.

*** ELRA-W0036-02: "Le Monde Diplomatique" Text corpus in French - Archives
from 1999 ***
Electronic archiving of "Le Monde Diplomatique" articles in French
from 1999. The corpus is available in an ASCII text format.

*** ELRA-W0036-03: "Le Monde Diplomatique" Text corpus in English ***
Electronic archiving of "Le Monde Diplomatique" articles in English
from 1998. The corpus is available in an ASCII text format.

We invite you to visit our web site and browse the catalogue of
Language Resources to obtain more information: http://www.elda.fr or
http://www.elra.info.