14.3080, FYI: FYI: Modified: NASSLLI04 Call for Proposals

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Nov 11 17:49:41 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-3080. Tue Nov 11 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.3080, FYI: FYI: Modified: NASSLLI04 Call for Proposals

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Anne Clarke <anne at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Tue, 11 Nov 2003 12:16:47 -0500 (EST)
From:  Marcus Kracht <kracht at humnet.ucla.edu>
Subject:  for anne

Date:  Tue, 11 Nov 2003 12:16:47 -0500 (EST)
From:  Marcus Kracht <kracht at humnet.ucla.edu>

NASSLLI04

June 21-25, UCLA, Los Angeles

(North American Summer School in Logic, Language and Information 2004)

CALL for PROPOSALS

The third NASSLLI (after a successful start with NASSLLI02 in Stanford
and NASSLLI03 in Bloomington) will be held at UCLA, June 21 - 25,
2004. The summer school will consist of a number of courses and
workshops, selected on the basis of the proposals.  Proposals are
invited that present interdisciplinary work between the areas of
logic, linguistics, computer science, philosophy and artificial
intelligence, though work in just one area is within the scope of the
summer school if it can be applied in other fields.

Submission Details:
Submissions should indicate
1) person(s) and affiliation
2) type of event (one week course or workshop, 2 hours a day)
3) an outline of the course up to 500 words
4) an indication of whether special equipment is needed to
	teach that course (beamer, computer ...)
5) a statement about the instructor's experience in teaching
	in interdisciplinary settings
6) expected costs (whether you want to be paid hotel and/or travel,
	or whether you are able to find funding)

Final Material:
We expect material for the actual courses at least *one month* ahead
of the conference if hardcopies of any material are to be made
available by us.

Financial Details:
A course may be taught by one or two persons. Conference fees are
waived for all instructors. However, we are only able to pay for the
full travel and expenses of one instructor per course. If two persons
are lecturing, they may share a lump sum paid for both.  Workshops are
more complicated, and a proposal for a workshop should include a plan
to obtain some outside funding for the speakers.

Important Note:
To give us an idea about the number of submissions, we would like you
to email us within two weeks in case you are interested in submitting
a proposal. This will not commit you to actually submit one.

Deadline for submission:
January 31, 2004

Program Committee:
Dominique Sportiche, UCLA, chair
Mai Gehrke, New Mexico State University
John Horty, University of Maryland
Mark Johnson, Brown University
Phokion Kolaitis, UC Santa Cruz
Marcus Kracht, UCLA
Philippe Schlenker, UCLA & IJN
Bart Selman, Cornell University
Ed Stabler, UCLA

Web site:
News will be posted at
http://www.linguistics.ucla.edu/nasslli04/

If you are interested in NASSLLI03:
http://www.linguistics.ucla.edu/nasslli04/2003/

Inquiries can be sent to the following email address:
nasslli04 at humnet.ucla.edu

Alternatively, you may send a letter to
Marcus Kracht
Department of Linguistics, UCLA