14.3091, Jobs: Modified: Syntax: Asst Prof, U/Chicago

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Nov 11 23:03:20 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-3091. Tue Nov 11 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.3091, Jobs: Modified: Syntax: Asst Prof, U/Chicago

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Tue, 21 Oct 2003 12:54:58 +0000
From:  j-sadock <j-sadock at uchicago.edu>
Subject:  Modified Re: 14.2888: Syntax: Asst Prof, University of Chicago

Date:  Tue, 21 Oct 2003 12:54:58 +0000
From:  j-sadock <j-sadock at uchicago.edu>

University or Organization: University of Chicago
Department: Linguistics
Rank of Job: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Semantics, Syntax

SYNTAX/SEMANTICS POSITION
DEPARTMENT OF LINGUISTICS
UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO

The Department of Linguistics at the University of Chicago is seeking
(pending final approval) a tenure-track assistant professor in syntax
or semantics beginning Fall 2004. We especially seek candidates with a
primary specialization in either syntax or semantics whose work
addresses connections between the two. Candidates are expected to hold
a Ph.D. by the start date.

Applications should arrive by December 1, 2003. Please send a CV,
contact information including an e-mail address through January 8,
2004, statements of research and teaching interests, representative
written work, and evidence of excellence in teaching, and the names of
three references whom the applicant has asked to send a letter of
reference. Candidates should arrange to have the letters of reference
sent directly to the search committee. Send all materials to:

   Syntax/Semantics Search Committee
   Department of Linguistics
   University of Chicago
   1010 E. 59th St.
   Chicago, IL 60637
   USA

   (Tel: 773-702-8522, Fax: 773-834-0924)

E-mail inquiries should be directed to merchant at uchicago.edu (our web
site can be found at:
http://humanities.uchicago.edu/depts/linguistics/).  The University of
Chicago is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Syntax/Semantics Search Committee
	Department of Linguistics, University of Chicago
	1010 E. 59th St.
	Chicago, IL 60637
	United States of America

	Applications are due by 01-Dec-2003

Contact Information:
	Prof. Jerry Sadock
	Email: j-sadock at uchicago.edu
	Tel: 773-702-8524
	Fax: 773-834-0924
	Website: http://humanities.uchicago.edu/depts/linguistics/

This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!