14.3256, Qs: English Topicalization; Tagalog Particle

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Nov 26 15:15:36 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-3256. Wed Nov 26 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.3256, Qs: English Topicalization; Tagalog Particle

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Naomi Fox <fox at linguistlist.org>

Date:          Sat, 22 Nov 2003 17:26:17 -0500
From:          Peter Jenks <pspiros at DARTMOUTH.EDU>
Subject:       "...all of them"

2)
Date:  Sun, 23 Nov 2003 11:51:46 -0500 (EST)
From:  Rose  Thomas <rose_thomas33 at hotmail.com>
Subject:  Tagalog linking particle

Date:          Sat, 22 Nov 2003 17:26:17 -0500
From:          Peter Jenks <pspiros at DARTMOUTH.EDU>

Hello-

I was just wondering if anyone knew of work on "rightward quantifier
topicalization" structures? (my own name, I'm not sure what they are/have
been called) E.g.

1.  a.  All of the men went to the store.
    b.  The men, all of them, went to the store.
    c.  The men went to the store, all of them.

Any info (or thoughts on the construction) would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,
Peter Jenks
Dartmouth College